Meeting Facilitation Approach
Strategic Planning Meetings and Customer Advisory Boards
We know that you want better results, not just a better meeting. You want a better strategic plan, more focus, more commitment from the team, better insights from your advisory board, more focused action plans, and more tough issues resolved. Our customers are senior management and board members, and our approach is one designed for them. No icebreakers or games for us.
Understanding what you want to accomplish is the key to our success. If, after reading our facilitation proposal, you aren’t convinced that we can help then we don’t deserve your business.
To make sure that our facilitators can give you what you want from your meeting we follow a six-step facilitation approach
- The process begins with an initial consultation where we help you clearly define the goals for your meeting. At this time we will explore alternative approaches with you so that you can pick the one that is the best for your organization.
- We then prepare a detailed facilitation proposal that describes how we can help you achieve your goals. The proposal describes each step of the process and all of the deliverables. Included in the proposal will be recommended pre-work.
- After the proposal is accepted we then complete any of the pre-work that we have committed to. This usually involves conducting interviews or collecting and tabulating online survey results.
- As we facilitate your meeting or retreat we work closely with you to adapt as events unfold. We keep the group focused, on time and on task. If lists of ideas get too long we priority rank them. If something important comes up that is not on the agenda we capture it in the parking lot.
- We abandoned flip charts for the most part long ago, and now record most meeting notes with a laptop computer hooked up to a data projector. Immediately after the session we prepare a complete meeting report. All action items agreed to by the participants are documented as part of this report.
- Finally we follow up with you after the meeting report has been published to ensure that everything is as it should be.
We believe in tailoring our meeting facilitation approach to fit the client. We are always willing to talk to prospective clients and do not charge for proposals. We tend to prepare quite detailed proposals because we feel they are the best way for you to ensure that you have selected the right facilitator. If we are not a good fit for you it is better for everyone if we find this out during the proposal stage!
We have facilitators in both the United States and Canada.
If you would like to discuss facilitation of an upcoming meeting please Contact Us
From Our Clients
“Over the past five or six years we have worked with Bruce more than a dozen times as a focus group moderator for our pharmaceutical and medical device clients. The clients are always impressed with how quickly Bruce picks up challenging concepts and how easily he communicates them. The high-quality feedback and insight he draws from the focus group participants is what we are all looking for. Bruce’s track record in exceeding client objectives makes me extremely comfortable recommending him to any of our clients regardless of therapeutic area.”
“We wanted to find somebody unbiased, with no agenda, who could lead the retreat and pull in all points of view. Bruce did this and more. He brought some clever ways to make sure that we fully explored our ideas and he forced the discipline of setting priorities and of committing to an action plan. We have now used him three years in a row since everyone sees the value he adds and trusts his process.”
Mary Todd Peterson