Find a Professional Meeting Facilitator
We have been providing facilitators for strategic planning sessions, corporate retreats, and customer advisory board meetings since 1992. We currently have facilitators in Toronto Ontario, Chicago Illinois, and Montreal Canada.
Strategic Planning Sessions are probably one of the most important events on the executive team’s calendar, yet many managers express frustration with their past experiences. Meeting Facilitators International believes that the right facilitator can make all the difference in the world. Over the past twenty years we have run over 900 strategic planning sessions and corporate retreats.
- Help you clarify the goals for your planning session so that they are clear, concise, and achievable.
- Develop an agenda with you that addresses your needs, instead of putting you through someone else’s “cookie cutter”.
- Facilitate the session to keep the group “on task”, “on target”, and “on time”.
- Recommend different approaches that can save time or produce better results.
- Handle all of the note taking using a computer and data projector so that everyone can see what has been done.
- Prepare a post-session meeting report documenting what was done and the action items that have been agreed to.
- Give the executive in charge the freedom to participate, instead of trying to facilitate and participate.
- Help you produce better results through our neutrality and lack of bias.
For a better idea of some of the things we are commonly asked to do as part of a Strategic Planning Session please see our approach to Strategic Planning Facilitation.
A corporate retreat is the perfect opportunity to get away from the all-consuming day-to-day pressures of the office and to focus on the real work of the senior management team. It is a time to:
- Discuss Strategy
- Address major issues
- Make key decisions
- Set priorities
- Clarify your vision
- Establish action plans
We can help you with planning, design, facilitation and reporting. Twenty year’s experience tells us what works, and what doesn’t work. For our thoughts on how to get the most out of a Corporate Retreat please see Corporate Retreat Facilitation.
We are a group of experienced meeting facilitators focused on strategic planning and corporate retreats. Our facilitators are Canadian and American. Most strategic planning sessions require a single facilitator. If you are planning an event that needs multiple facilitators, we can provide a team of experienced professionals. To find out more about our team, please see our Meeting Facilitator Profiles page.
How are we different?
- Meeting Facilitation is our only business — we are facilitators, not trainers.
- We guarantee our work — if you aren’t satisfied you don’t pay.
- We do the work — we aren’t just a facilitator speaker’s bureau.
Customer Advisory Boards | Client Advisory Board
If you need a facilitator for an Advisory Board meeting please give us a call. We have lots of advisory board facilitation experience. Please see Advisory Board Facilitator.
How We Work
We do not believe that there is “one right way” to do strategic planning, or to hold a management retreat. If we design a session for you it will be based on your needs and your situation. For a further description of how we work, please see our Facilitation Approach page.
Where do we work?
We are truly International having completed engagements in the United States, Canada, France, Africa, and elsewhere. The majority of our business is however in the US and Canada. Click here for more information on our Facilitation Clients.
Looking for a meeting facilitator? Please contact us the initial consultation is always free.