Good facilitation takes preparation.
Understanding what you want to accomplish at your retreat, strategy session, or advisory board meeting, and then showing you how we can help is the key to our success. If, after reading our facilitation proposal, you aren’t convinced that we can help then we don’t deserve your business.
To make sure that our facilitators can give you what you want from your meeting we follow a six-step facilitation approach
- The process begins with an initial consultation where we help you clearly define the goals for your meeting. At this time we will explore alternative approaches with you so that you can pick the one that is best for you.
- We then prepare a detailed facilitation proposal for you that describes how we can help you achieve your goals. The proposal describes each step of the process and all of the deliverables. Included in the proposal will be recommended pre-work .
- After the proposal is accepted we then complete any of the pre-work that we have committed to. This usually involves conducting interviews or collecting and tabulating online survey results.
- As we facilitate your planning session, corporate retreat, or customer advisory board meeting we will work closely to adapt the initial design as events unfold. We abandoned flip charts for the most part long ago, and now record meeting notes with a laptop computer hooked up to a data projector.
- Immediately after the session we prepare a complete meeting report for you that captures the results of your session. All action items agreed to by the participants are documented as part of this report.
- Finally we follow up with you after the meeting report has been published to ensure that everything is as it should be.
We believe in tailoring our approach to fit the client. We are always willing to talk to prospective clients and do not charge for proposals. We tend to prepare quite detailed proposals because we we feel they are the best way for you to ensure that you have selected the right facilitator. If we are not a good fit for you it is better for eveyone if we find this out during the proposal stage!
We regularly travel to clients across Canada and the United States.
If you would like to discuss an upcoming meeting to see how we can help please Contact Us