Professional Meeting Facilitators
We have been providing facilitators for strategic planning sessions, corporate retreats, customer advisory board meetings and conferences since 1992. We currently have facilitators in Toronto Ontario, Chicago Illinois, and Montreal Canada.
Offsite Strategy Sessions are probably one of the most important events on the executive team’s calendar, yet many managers express frustration with their past experiences. Meeting Facilitators International believes that the right facilitator can make all the difference in the world. Over the past twenty years we have run over 900 strategic planning sessions and corporate retreats so we have lots of experience as to what works, and what doesn’t work.
- Help you clarify the goals for your planning session so that they are clear, concise, meaningful and achievable
- Develop an agenda with you that addresses your needs, instead of putting you through someone else’s “cookie cutter”
- Facilitate the session to keep the group “on task”, “on target”, and “on time”
- Recommend different approaches that can save time or produce better results
- Handle all of the note taking using a computer and data projector so that everyone can see what has been done
- Prepare a post-session meeting report documenting the meeting including the action items that have been agreed to
For a better idea of some of the things we are commonly asked to do as part of an Off-site Strategic Planning meeting please see our approach to Strategic Planning Facilitation
A corporate retreat is the perfect opportunity to get away from the all-consuming day-to-day pressures of the office and to focus on the real work of the senior management team. It is a time for you to:
- Clarify your corporate vision
- Discuss strategy
- Make key decisions
- Set your priorities
- Establish action plans
We can help you with the planning, design, facilitation and reporting of your corporate retreat based on our experience of what works, and what doesn’t work. For our thoughts on how to get the most out of a Corporate Retreat please see Corporate Retreat Facilitation
We are a group of experienced meeting facilitators focused on strategic planning, corporate retreats, and customer advisory board meetings. Currently we have facilitators in Toronto, Montreal and Chicago. Most strategic planning sessions require a single facilitator and we will work hard to match you up with the best fit. If you are planning an event that needs multiple facilitators, we can provide a team of experienced professionals. To find out more about our team, please see our Meeting Facilitator Profiles page.
How are we different?
- Meeting Facilitation is our only business, we are facilitators, not trainers
- We guarantee our work — if you aren’t satisfied you don’t pay
- We do the work — we aren’t just a speakers’ bureau for facilitators
Customer Advisory Boards | Client Advisory Board
If you need a moderator or facilitator for a Customer Advisory Board (CAB) or Client Advisory Board meeting please give us a call. We have a lot experience in advisory board facilitation over a wide range of industries. Please see Advisory Board Facilitator
How We Work
We do not believe that there is “one right way” to do strategic planning, or to hold a management retreat. If we design a session for you it will be based on your needs and the types of tools that will work best in your situation. For a further description of how we would work with you, please see our Facilitation Approach page.
Where do we work?
We are truly International having completed engagements in the United States, Canada, UK, France, Portugal, Switzerland, Africa, and Jamaica. The majority of our business is however in the US and Canada. Click here for more information on our Facilitation Clients
Do you have questions? Please contact us the initial consultation is always free.